Sunday 11 May 2008

Of the past

1.

It's playtime.
I want to undress you
with these eyes
and play
those delightful games
that we had invented
in the past.

I hope you play your part
and help me up
whenever I fall.

Please,
do not desert me
when I am blindfolded,
helpless and alone.

2.

Unmoved by those who suffer,
Unaffected by the chirping sparrow,
Inconsiderate of the those below,
Oblivious to the plaintive roar
pleading its way through extinction.
Our lives are
a characteristic immoderation,
anesthetically impervious
to evocation.

3.

The colours
bled through the sky
as the twilight undressed
and disbursed
the remains of a yellow sun.
The elements descended into her
and found welcome.
They were released
that night;
with the parting
of her legs.

----
Improvising on a quote I heard a while ago - Activity is surgery without anesthesia; Imagination is anesthesia without surgery. Experience is what one needs :-). Clearing my gmail inbox is my way of revisiting the past these days. That is how I happened to chance upon these little friends.

No comments: