Saturday 19 January 2008

Why is he single?

In the last two weeks, I have been confronted, chided, reprimanded, judged and what not for the fact that I don't have a girlfriend currently. Another nail on the grave was during the BCG party yesterday was when my cohorts started patronizing with my plight. Not that I'm complaining, for I trust the good intents of Krishna Ramkumar more than my own most of the time. But they thankfully never persist for a very long time. Long enough to strip me of all my defenses and excuses. I suppose the following would be (objectively) the reasons behind their surprise over my relationship status:

1. I'm rich
2. I'm reasonably smart (which has nothing to do with the fact that I'm an IITian)
3. I'm nither extremely high headed nor chauvinistic nor eccentric.
4. There is nothing wrong with the way I talk to women and I don't come across as repulsive.

So I wonder what possible reconciliations people resort to. I could guess some of them:

1. He's probably gay (celibate anyone?)
2. He's on the apex of Maslow's pyramid; he doesn't need women.
3. He's strictly average looking and fat so it would be difficult to impress a girl up right.
4. He has a pathetic dressing sense and he goes out of his way to look disheveled. Plus he's good at math and knows better than to play a zero sum game when so many people are watching. But then he's a fool to think he's currently winning.

Among the four above, I find 3, 4 as fairly reasonable. I'm working on three these days something which I hope will have a domino effect on 4. 2 is certainly not the case for I am a man and I have my needs but then my upbringing urges me to exercise discretion. As far as 1 is concerned, I'd like you to take a look at a photo which has been around for long in my orkut profile.



And to end this post let me state here once and for all, that I'm a man with an eclectic set of orientations. But whatever they may be, neither one of them is the same as that of my finger in the picture!

4 comments:

Swati said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Swati said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hardboiled said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hardboiled said...

Personally, I think you're every Ghat's dream, honey:-P Southie and speaks English! And dont want to rub it in, but with posts on Darwinism and non-linear dynamics, how come you're still wondering?:)